Lexogen is a biotech company with headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and a subsidiary in NH, USA, focusing on the development of technologies for complete transcriptome sequencing. Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications. We are a committed team that has successfully developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”.
For more information, see www.lexogen.com.
Application Scientist / Bioinformatics (f/m)
We are seeking an experienced bioinformatician / computer scientist with background in RNA biology to join the our global customer-facing technical support team based in Vienna, Austria. The team will leverage their experience as technical consultants to troubleshoot, train and transfer knowledge of new and current Lexogen products.
You will consult customers on their data, define custom analyses to guide product development, and work closely with the R&D department.
This position is available with immediate effect.
- Analyse and interpret NGS transcriptomics (RNAseq) data.
- Implement and test statistical algorithms for the analysis on NGS data.
- Benchmark data analysis pipelines and software on large NGS datasets.
- Establish prototype NGS processing pipelines for transcriptomic assays.
- Lead and/or participate in collaborative NGS data analysis projects with third party companies.
- Maintain close collaboration with sales and marketing teams to resolve customers technical issues.
- Advanced assay troubleshooting and root cause investigation.
- Participate in writing application notes and white papers.
- Keep track of customer requests.
- Programming skills in Python, knowledge of R, GNU toolbox and shell scripting.
- Hands on experience in genomics and/or transcriptomics analysis methods, and interpreting NGS data.
- General knowledge of RNA biology.
- Scientific degree in bioinformatics, computer science, mathematics, computational/systems biology or related field.
- Competent in scientific writing, excellent command of English.
- Strong interest in applying analytical tools to solve interesting biological problems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To apply for this position, please send your detailed CV and a cover letter to Mr. Fabian Müller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration will be according to experience and performance. (Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 1830,92 per month for a full-time position.)
Die Profis im Personalmanagement für Sie im Einsatz!
- Hier sind wir Ihr Vermittler: Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen werden direkt an unseren Kunden weitergeleitet.
- Wir melden uns in jedem Fall mit einem Kundenfeedback bei Ihnen – dieses kann jedoch einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen da die Unterlagen sorgfältig gesichtet werden und das Inserat 60 Tage online ist.