JOIN THE LEXOGEN TEAM!
You are a Backend Web Developer with expert knowledge of cloud computing who likes to work in science? You understand the complexity of multi-server, multi-database networks and the efficient distribution of computational load? You want to work in a fast-developing field of bioinformatics with a group of highly skilled and supportive colleagues? You want to help solve some of the important health-related, ecological challenges of our time and have a meaningful job? If your answer is ”yes“, this could be your dream job!
We are looking for a Backend Web Developer/Cloud Engineer responsible for managing the efficient exchange of data between server and user. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, design, migration of databases, and management of the cloud deployment. You will also be responsible for serving the front-end built by your co-workers. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary. Ideally, you will also have some experience in high performance computing. The candidate will be part of the Bioinformatics team, based in Vienna, and work closely with colleagues in a SCRUM team. The role, therefore, requires good communication skills.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
- Implementation of web shop or other payment solution
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
The job requirements
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration, and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests (CI/CD)
- Linux and shell experience
- Proficient knowledge of Django, Python and Docker
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with terraform is a plus
- Experience with SLURM or other workload managers is a plus
Your experience and know-how
- Backend web development (mandatory)
- Cloud computing, preferably Google (mandatory)
- Docker (mandatory)
- Databases (mandatory)
- Can do attitude
- Team spirit
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to produce transparent solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Quick learner
- Good listener
- Good verbal, and written communication skills in English
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA.
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications.
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top-quality RNA analysis solutions and support, to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet.
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest, and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”.
- We foster innovation.
- We have a strong sense of belonging.
- We have stewardship-attitude towards all our stakeholders.
- Respect, care, and fairness are non-negotiable core values.
- We aim to preserve a work environment free from toxic people*.
- We value people‘s potential and attitude.
- We want to have fun!
*According to Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace…”
What we offer
We provide a work environment where every single team member counts! We appreciate your ideas and offer you the opportunity to give feedback in regular internal satisfaction surveys. We are open to offering a well-balanced mix of office and remote working options, taking into consideration job requirements and individual needs.
Remuneration will be according to experience and performance.
Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 2014,41 per month (14x/year) for a full-time position.
This position is available with immediate effect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market. So, apply today for this position by uploading your detailed CV and a cover letter. “Apply now”
Come as you are, be your true self, enjoy and contribute to our success!
LGBTQI+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Gen Z to Seniors, you are welcome at Lexogen!
Die Profis im Personalmanagement für Sie im Einsatz!
- Hier sind wir Ihr Vermittler: Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen werden direkt an unseren Kunden weitergeleitet.
- Wir melden uns in jedem Fall mit einem Kundenfeedback bei Ihnen – dieses kann jedoch einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen da die Unterlagen sorgfältig gesichtet werden und das Inserat 60 Tage online ist.
Hier bewerben »