JOIN THE LEXOGEN TEAM!
You obtained a master’s degree in bioinformatics or a related scientific discipline? You have a strong background in Mathematics and Programming? You want to work on complex tasks and research projects within a DevOps framework? You want to work in a fast-developing field of bioinformatics with a group of highly skilled and supportive colleagues? You want to help solve some of the important health-related, ecological challenges of our time and have a meaningful job? If your answer is ”yes“, this could be your dream job!
We are looking for a bioinformatician or a researcher from a related scientific field to work on projects ranging from basic research to software integration. Trouble shooting of bioinformatic issues for Tech Support will also be required. Our data is primarily derived by RNA-Seq and familiarity with with NGS data analysis is, therefore, a plus. For software development and data tracking we follow DevOps practices and familiarity with concepts such as CI/CD or agile development is advantageous. The successful candidate will be part of the Bioinformatics team at Lexogen and work closely with colleagues in other departments at Lexogen including R&D, Services and QC. The role therefore requires good communication skills.
- Implement and test statistical methods for the analysis of RNA-Seq data
- Validate innovative ideas using R and Python
- Benchmark software on large NGS datasets
- Enrich NGS datasets with biologically relevant information
- Integrate third-party software into NGS workflows
- Rapid prototyping using open-source software
- Software documentation
- Trouble shooting data analysis problems for Tech Support
- Communication with customers
The job requirements
- Advanced programming skills in Python and R
- Good knowledge of Linux command line and shell scripting (bash)
- Degree in scientific discipline, MSc, BSc, FH diploma or equivalent
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast paced environment
- Excellent command of English
- Experience in handling RNA-Seq data is a plus
- DevOps experience is a plus (CI/CD, Jira)
Your experience and know-how
- Degree in Bioinformatics or related scientific discipline, MSc, FH diploma or equivalent (mandatory)
- Strong background in Mathematics (mandatory)
- Advanced programming skills (mandatory)
- DevOps experience (if possible)
- Can do attitude
- Team spirit
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Quick learner
- Good listener
- Good verbal, and written communication skills in English
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA.
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications.
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top-quality RNA analysis solutions and support, in order to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet.
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most exciting, hottest, and fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”.
- We foster innovation.
- We have a strong sense of belonging.
- We have stewardship-attitude towards all our stakeholders.
- Respect, care, and fairness are non-negotiable core values.
- We aim to preserve a work environment free from toxic people*.
- We value people‘s potential and attitude.
- We want to have fun!
*According to Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule: Building a Civilized Workplace…”
What we offer
We provide a work environment where every single team member counts! We appreciate your ideas and offer you the opportunity to give feedback in regular internal satisfaction surveys. We are open to offering a well-balanced mix of office and remote working options, taking into consideration job requirements and individual needs.
Remuneration will be according to experience and performance.
Disclaimer according to Austrian Law: Minimum base salary according to collective agreement for utilization group III is EUR 2014,41 per month (14x/year) for a full-time position.
This position is available with immediate effect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market. So, apply today for this position by uploading your detailed CV and a cover letter. “Apply now”
Come as you are, be your true self, enjoy and contribute to our success!
LGBTQI+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Millennials to Seniors, you are welcome at Lexogen!
Die Profis im Personalmanagement für Sie im Einsatz!
- Hier sind wir Ihr Vermittler: Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen werden direkt an unseren Kunden weitergeleitet.
- Wir melden uns in jedem Fall mit einem Kundenfeedback bei Ihnen – dieses kann jedoch einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen da die Unterlagen sorgfältig gesichtet werden und das Inserat 60 Tage online ist.
Hier bewerben »