Established in 2007, our client is a transcriptomics and Next Generation Sequencing company, focusing on the development of methods for RNA analysis. Its portfolio includes multiple well-established protocols for RNA sequencing sample preparation, external RNA spike-in controls, as well as bioinformatic tools and sequencing services. Our client is currently employing 60 scientists and staff with headquarters in Vienna, Austria and a subsidiary in New Hampshire, US.
Data Scientist, C++ and Python Developer (f/m)
We are looking for a motivated, innovative Data Scientist, C++ and Python Developer with strong mathematical and statistical background to work on research projects in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). This position allows for research on patentable and publishable methods within an international collaboration.
- Implement and test statistical algorithms for the analysis of NGS data (mainly RNA-Seq and Chip-Seq) in C/C++ and Python
- Validate innovative ideas using R, Python and Matlab/Octave
- Benchmark software on large NGS datasets
- Enrich NGS datasets with biologically relevant information
- Integrate third-party software into NGS workflows
- Rapid prototyping using open source software
- Software documentation
- Advanced programming skills in Python and C/C++, including experience with the Standard Template Library (STL) and Boost Library
- Knowledge of Matlab/Octave, R, GNU toolbox and shell scripting
- Degree in scientific discipline, MSc, BSc, FH diploma or equivalent
- Experience in handling NGS data (RNA-Seq, Chip-Seq) is a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast paced environment
- Excellent command of English
- Inspiring environment of a young, growing biotech company
- Work as part of an experienced and highly motivated bioinformatics team
- Benefits and network of the Campus Vienna Biocenter
- Collaborations with international research groups
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company and help shape a leader in the gene expression analysis market. To apply for this position, please send your detailed CV and cover letter to Mr. Fabian Müller: firstname.lastname@example.org
Remuneration will be according to experience and performance starting at € 50.000.- gross p.a. full-time. Due to external funding, this position is initially limited to one year with an option to become permanent.
Die Profis im Personalmanagement für Sie im Einsatz!
- Ihre Bewerbung wird nicht ohne Rücksprache mit Ihnen an unseren Kunden weitergeleitet
- Bei Fragen zu dieser Position steht Ihnen Ihr Ansprechpartner gerne zur Verfügung