ABOUT EGSTON POWER ELECTRONICS
EGSTON Power Electronics is a young, fast-growing company in power electronics industry, focusing on the development and manufacturing of high-performance Power Hardware-in-the-Loop (PHIL) test and emulation platforms for power electronic systems. Based in Klosterneuburg on the northern outskirts of Vienna, we are an international team with a passion for cutting edge technology and dedication to developing innovative products, while continuously improving our expertise through active collaboration with our customers, suppliers and external research facilities.
As a lead software developer, your main focus will be to lead the development and lifetime maintenance of the PHIL system control software. You will build and lead our software development team and work closely with our hardware and firmware teams as well as with product management to ensure on-time and quality release of PHIL system control software, and to manage the continuous improvement process within the control software lifecycle.
- Managing development, testing and maintenance of the PHIL system control software.
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing best practices in code control, code reviews, unit testing and infrastructure architecture.
- Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Providing third-level support to customers.
- Software Release Management.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the software.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent qualification (advanced degrees are preferred). Remark: a basic knowledge in electrical engineering is required.
- At least five years of experience as a software developer.
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position.
- Experience with software solutions for controlling industrial systems, drives, or similar.
- Team leading ability demonstrated by ensuring that the team works co-operatively with other stakeholders, by continually reviewing objectives and priorities, and by accepting collective responsibility. Experience should include direct personnel management.
- Ability to analyze customer requirements and to derive software functional requirements specifications and software requirements specifications based on the customer requirements.
- Solid knowledge in data structures, algorithms and software design principles.
- Experience in software architecture, solutions & best design practices, down to implementation and debugging.
- Exceptional knowledge in OOP paradigms, C++(Qt preferred) and database design.
- Strong background in Linux.
- Experience in using source control (Git/Bitbucket) and issue tracking systems (Jira).
- Ability to work in highly dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Language: English (required), German (preferred).
- Siemens PLC
- Embedded systems
- Scripting languages
- Numerical mathematics
WHAT WE OFFER
- A Forward-looking technology-oriented environment with excellent professional and personal development and training opportunities.
- An international team of experienced and motivated coworkers and fast and effective internal communication channels.
- A strong innovative spirit, cooperation with universities and research institutions as well as our customers’ R&D teams.
- Flexible working hours (flextime) and opportunity to work from home.
An annual gross salary of at least EUR 80.000 (full-time) is planned for this position. The actual amount of your remuneration will depend on your qualifications and your experience and will be agreed upon individually.
- flexible working hours
- mobile for private use
- notebook for private use
- team events
- international team
- training and development
- no dresscode
- free coffee
- staff shower
- located at danube bike path
- supplementary insurance
- free employee parking
- pool car
We are looking forward to receiving your detailed application (including letter of motivation and CV with photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Die Profis im Personalmanagement für Sie im Einsatz!
- Hier sind wir Ihr Vermittler: Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen werden direkt an unseren Kunden weitergeleitet.
- Wir melden uns in jedem Fall mit einem Kundenfeedback bei Ihnen – dieses kann jedoch einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen da die Unterlagen sorgfältig gesichtet werden und das Inserat 60 Tage online ist.