JOIN THE LEXOGEN TEAM!
Do you have a passion for transcriptomics and a strong interest in biological sciences? Does working in a dynamic and innovative environment excite you? Do you like interacting with others and providing support? Do you value freedom and respect? Would you like to be a part of an exciting story while having a meaningful and impactful job? If you have answered ”yes“ to all these questions, this might be your dream job!
For our headquarter in Vienna, Austria, we are seeking a curious and innovative Scientist who wants to support the Services team to develop new NGS applications to broaden our portfolio. You will be in close collaboration with the customer as well as with different departments at Lexogen to coordinate the development.
The candidate will be part of Lexogen’s Services team and will work closely with the Bioinformatics, Product Management, R&D and Sales teams.
- Market research to evaluate potential new Services applications
- Customer request management for new Services applications
- Evaluation of technical and commercial feasibility of new applications
- Customisation and implementation of new products and applications (including Lexogen products) into Services
- Coordination of the development of new Services applications within different departments
- Ability to independently implement and optimize workflows by formulating hypotheses, designing experiments, drawing conclusions and analysing data.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both orally and in writing, with both internal and external customers
- Attention to detail and efficient time-management skills
- Ability and flexibility to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
Qualifications and experience
- PhD in RNA biology, Molecular biology, Biochemistry, or Bioinformatics (with wet-lab experience). A minimum of 3 years relevant research experience is required. Alternatively, a Master’s degree with at least 5 years research experience is mandatory.
- Laboratory experience in molecular biology techniques and RNA biology, RNAse-free and aseptic handling practices is mandatory.
- Profound knowledge of sequencing technologies with emphasis on RNA-Seq. Experience with single-cell sequencing is strongly desired.
- Good understanding of or experience with bioinformatic analysis of RNA-seq data (is an asset).
- Practical experience with NGS library preparation methods and sequencing instruments.
- Experience in instructing laboratory technicians or students is a plus.
- Experience with market intelligence is a plus.
Your personality and aptitude
- Independent work style and a can-do attitude
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Ability to effectively prioritise and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines
- Team spirit and ability to work effectively in a team
- Supportive mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Who we are and what we do
- We are a biotech company headquartered in Vienna, Austria, with a subsidiary in NH, USA.
- Our product portfolio offers solutions for diverse RNA analysis applications.
- Our aim is to empower our customers with innovative top-quality RNA analysis solutions and support, in order to improve health and wellbeing for everyone and our planet.
- We have already developed and launched an expanding product portfolio into the Next Generation Sequencing market, one of the most excitingand fastest growing areas in the field of “omics”.
- We foster innovation.
- We have a strong sense of community
- We have an engaged and positive attitude towards all our stakeholders.
- Respect, care, and fairness are non-negotiable core values.
- We aim to preserve a positive and happy work environment *.
- We value people‘s potential and attitude.
- We want to have fun!
*According Robert I. Sutton’s book “The No Asshole Rule : Building a Civilized Workplace…”
What we offer
We provide a work environment where every single team member counts! We appreciate your ideas and offer you the opportunity to give feedback in regular internal satisfaction surveys. We are open to offering a well-balanced mix of office and remote working options, taking into consideration job requirements and individual needs.
As remuneration we will offer a minimum of EUR 45,000 per annum which is negotiable based on experience and performance.
This position is available with immediate effect!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing biotech company at an early stage and to help in shaping a future leader in the RNA analysis market. So, apply today for this position by uploading your detailed CV and a cover letter. “Apply now”
Come as you are, be your true self, enjoy and contribute to our success!
LGBTQIΠ+, BAME, Dys-X, B.-out, from Millennials to Seniors, you are all welcome at Lexogen!
Die Profis im Personalmanagement für Sie im Einsatz!
- Hier sind wir Ihr Vermittler: Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen werden direkt an unseren Kunden weitergeleitet.
- Wir melden uns in jedem Fall mit einem Kundenfeedback bei Ihnen – dieses kann jedoch einige Zeit in Anspruch nehmen da die Unterlagen sorgfältig gesichtet werden und das Inserat 60 Tage online ist.
Hier bewerben »